Last Call for Summer Holidays!
The month of August holds a special place in people's hearts. In Greece the month of August is the peak of summer vacations. This is when you’ll experience unique moments in the country under its bright full moon, either simply walking by the beach or visiting archaeological sites. On the other hand, the strong summer sun combined with the “meltemia” (a soft northwestern wind) will accompany your sailing or beach adventures and help you beat the summer heat. Furthermore, the whole country holds big events celebrating the 15th of August.
Hop on the next flight and enjoy a dreamy summer holiday now!
This month we invite you to:
- visit Kos Island, the birthplace of Hippocrates, with its mesmerising beaches and unique sites.
- get acquainted with the Mastic Museum. An eco-friendly structure, steeped in tradition, that will unfold the history of the local product, mastic, before your eyes.
- have fun in the island Festivals held for the August 15th Holiday.
- pay a visit to the archaeological site of Knossos, the principal centre of the Minoan Civilization.
- read our Greece on the Spotlight article about the Archaeological Site of Philippi, which is now included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Monuments.
- check out Visit Greece’s video “Land of Grace.”
- take part in “Molyvos’ International Music Festival” as well as in the “Aegean Regatta sailing race.”
- see what “Athinorama Suggests” has for us this month.
"Click on Image to read the news"