'Fake' MP3 Device from China Explodes in Young Boy's Face, Causes Serious Injuries

'Fake' MP3 Device from China Explodes in Young Boy's Face, Causes Serious InjuriesGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us:

This is really scary! Got to be really careful when using electronics, everyone!

A recent news report stated that a 13-year-old boy’s MP3 device suddenly exploded in his face which caused him to suffer serious injuries.

According to E23, the boy identified as Xiao Peng from Pingxiang, China had been listening to his MP3 device at home on December 16 when suddenly, it exploded right in his face and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment. His grandmother said, “He was standing at the balcony listening to his MP3 when I heard an explosive sound so I rushed out and discovered Xiao Peng lying there in a pool of blood. His MP3 device was on the floor, charred and burnt.”

The doctors quickly rushed to save the teen, and he had to undergo eight hours of emergency surgery to save his life. The doctor said that the poor boy’s wrist was fractured, his face was severely burnt and full of lacerations while his eyes were seriously damaged.

Thankfully, after three days of treatment, Xiao Peng’s life was saved, but he had incurred a hefty medical bill amounting to 200,000 yuan (RM124,000) that his family could not afford. His uncle explained that Xiao Peng’s father had passed away in 2010 from uremia and his mother was suffering from mental illness and could not take care of Xiao Peng.

It was discovered that the MP3 device was purchased at a small store in the village and when they went to investigate, the owner had put up a notice saying that anyone who bought the same device could return it for refund. Apparently, the device only cost 18 yuan (RM11) and when they checked, there was no manufacturer’s information on the MP3 packaging. Sounds fishy!

The owner says he picked up a large batch from a wholesale market and the authorities are investigating. Sounds like a bunch of fake and cheap knock-offs!

Hopefully Xiao Peng gets better soon!

Fair warning for everyone out there to not buy cheap knock-offs or fake electronics!

Also read: Young Girl Sleeps While Charging Phone on Bed, Gets Electrocuted to Death

'Fake' MP3 Device from China Explodes in Young Boy's Face, Causes Serious Injuries

'Fake' MP3 Device from China Explodes in Young Boy's Face, Causes Serious InjuriesGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us: